ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER’S OFFICE
Sub Divisional Officers are placed in charge of specified taluks in a district in the Revenue Department. They are also Sub-Divisional Magistrates. In regard to revenue matters the Tahsildars are subject to the control and supervision of the sub-divisional officers. The Assistant Commissioners in charge of the sub-divisions have been vested with powers of the Deputy Commissioner under many of the Sections of the Karnataka Land Revenue Act, 1964 and also other state laws. The Assistant Commissioner is the first appellate authority in respect of revenue matters handled by his sub-ordinates and he is also the lowest level at which powers of revision under section 56 of Karnataka Land Revenue Act, 1964 are vested. The S.D.O normally handles the land acquisition work relating to his sub-division and is also the Chairman of the Tribunals constituted under Karnataka Land Reforms Act, 1961 for the Taluks in his sub-division. Special Land Acquisition Officers are to be handled by the S.D.O along with his normal work. The Assistant Commissioners are the Electoral registration officers of their respective sub division. The S.D.O is also the Returning Officer for one or more of the Assembly constituencies in his sub-division.
|Designation of Officer||Office Name||Address||Phone No|
|Assistant Commissioner||AC Office||DC Office Building, Chitradurgaemail@example.com||08194-222413|
Powers and duties of Assistant Commissioner under various State Acts.
- Karnataka Irrigation levy of water rates & cess rules 1965.
- Karnataka Stamp Act 1957 and Rules 1958.
- Karnataka SC & ST ( Prohibition of Transfer of Certain lands ) Act 1978 Rules 1979.
- Karnataka Forest Act 1963 and Rules 1969.
- Karnataka Land Reforms Act 1961 and Rules.
- Karnataka Municipalities Act 1964.
- Karnataka Land Revenue Act 1964 and Rules 1966.
- Karnataka Motor Vehicle Rules 1963.
- Karnataka Inam abolition Acts.
- Karnataka Land Grant Rule 1969
- Land Acquisition Act 1984
- Karnataka House site Acquisition Act 1972
- Electoral Registration Rules 1960